Personal Data Policy
We Respect Your Privacy
At Evoke Exp Pte Ltd (UEN 201617731H) (‘Evoke’) the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does Evoke collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- your NRIC or FIN number;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us or choose to have these stored to make the checkout process faster;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Evoke collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Evoke;
- sign up to a waitlist or an event
- make an inquiry or a complaint; have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- our business clients such as venues and promoters; or
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as:
- information technology suppliers
- marketing and digital services suppliers
- research and development organisations
- data partners
- analytics consultants; and
- publicly available sources of information
Also, from time to time Evoke collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Evoke’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Evoke hold personal information?
Evoke may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to “Cookies, Tracking and Advertising”) or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Evoke protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Evoke encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. Evoke also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
Evoke employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Evoke as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing Evoke systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Evoke may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Evoke uses personal information which we have collected in relation to the following purposes:
- to process and fulfil your orders for tickets (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- so that venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets can use it for operational purposes;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling;
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Sometimes Evoke will produce aggregated data. Evoke may also receive aggregated data from its third party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Evoke uses, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, Evoke may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
Who might Evoke disclose my personal information to?
Evoke may disclose your personal information:
- to venue operators and to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. Evoke discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also with your consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact Evoke’s Privacy Officer directly;
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Evoke may disclose your personal Information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website, send out our mall/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
Otherwise, Evoke will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- If the disclosure is permitted under the privacy laws applicable to the jurisdiction in which it operates; or
- If you have consented to the disclosure.
Does Evoke disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside of Singapore.
What happens if Evoke does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with Evoke.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and Information. When you access a non-Evoke website, please understand that Evoke not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Evoke has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website or mobile site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
Access and Correction
You may request access to the personal information that Evoke holds about you and seek its correction or deletion. So that any such request reaches the right person, please send it to our Privacy Officer. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number so that we may reach you for verification purposes. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction as soon as practicable, or otherwise inform you within 30 days with another timeframe for response. There are certain situations where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case including the legal basis upon which we base our refusal.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
e-mail at email@example.com
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days.